Tailored Infrastructure, Processes and Technical Capabilities
Van Dam has over 80 years of experience providing efficient, high-quality, leading-edge Design and Construction of Bridges various government agencies in Venezuela, the Caribbean and South/Central America.
Our experience includes more than 30 Railway Bridges in Colombia, Truss Bridges in Suriname, Several Bridges in Costa Rica, Cable Stayed Bridge in Colombia, Several Bridges in Republica Dominicana and around 70% of the Steel Bridges in Venezuela.
We will take care from the Design Phase all the way until commissioning. This includes simultaneous execution of Civil works, shop structural fabrication and later traditional erection or launching of structure.
Our area of expertise includes:
- Highway, Rural and Railway bridges. Single and Multiple Spans. Curved and Straight.
- Girder bridges (solid web girders (Rolled Beam, Welded Build up sections, including variable web high), truss girders and box girders and curved sections.
- Arch bridges
- Emergency Bridges (modular Bridges). Erectable by hand or using a medium sized crane.
- Suspension bridges (including orthotropic Deck Systems)
- Cable stayed bridges
- We design and manufacture according to all pertinent codes such as: AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AISC, AWS 5.1 etc. to the latest addenda.
- Our Expertise includes the repair of Bridges and the removal of Collapsed bridges.